Equal Opportunity Policies
Weedon Football Club Equal Opportunity Policy
- Weedon FC is committed to a policy of equal treatment of all members and requires all members of whatever level of authority, to abide and adhere to this general principle and the requirements of the Codes of Practice issued by the Equal Opportunities Commission and Commission for Racial Equality.
- All members are expected to abide by the requirements of the Race Relations Act 1976, Sex Discrimination Act 1986 and Disability Discrimination Act 1995 and Disability Discrimination Acts 2005, Race Relation Act 1976, together with Public Order Act of 1986 and Racial & Religious Hatred Act 2006 and the Equality Act 2012. Specifically, discrimination is prohibited in:
- Treating any individual on grounds of gender, colour, marital status, race, nationality or ethnic or national origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability less favourably than others.
- Expecting an individual solely on the grounds stated above to comply with requirement's for any reason whatsoever related to their membership, which are different to the requirements for others
- Imposing on individual requirements which are in effect more onerous on that individual than they are on any other. For example, this would include applying a condition (which is not warranted by the requirements of the position) which makes it more difficult for members of a particular race or sex to comply than others not of that race or sex
- Victimization of an individual
- Harassment of an individual (which for the purpose of this policy and the actions and sanction applicable thereto is regarded as discrimination
Northampton Combination Equal Opportunities Policy
- Any other act or omission of an act, which has as its effect the disadvantaging of a member against another, or others, purely on the above grounds. Thus, in all club’s recruitment, selection, promotion and training processes, as well as disciplinary and other matters (in other words all instances where those in control of members are required to make judgements between them) it is essential that merit, experience, skills and temperament are considered as objectively as possible.
- Weedon FC commits itself to the immediate investigation of any claims of discrimination on the above grounds and where such is found to be the case, a requirement that the practice cease forthwith, restitution of damage of loss (if necessary) and to the investigation of any member accused discrimination.
- Weedon Football Club is responsible for setting standards and values to apply throughout the club at every level. Football, belongs to, and should be enjoyed by, everyone equally. Our commitment is to eliminate discrimination whether by reason of gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
- Equality of opportunity at Weedon Football Club means that in all our activities we will not discriminate or in any way treat anyone less favourably on grounds of sex, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnic origin, colour, religion or disability.
- The advertisement for volunteers
- The selection of candidates for volunteers
- External coaching, and education activities and awards
- Football development activities
- Selection for teams
- Appointments to honorary positions