Danny made his debut for Weedon FC at the tender age of 14 and went on to make over 400 appearances between 1995-2007, playing and captaining for the Saturday and Sunday Teams in both the Northants Combination Premier Division & Sunday Combination Premier Division.
Danny went on to win numerous trophies and awards including winning Players’ player and Managers’ player on 3 separate occasions throughout his career. Unfortunately a serious knee injury at the age of 26 meant he was forced to retire from playing football early in 2007.
Danny later came back to the manage the reserve team in the 2009/10 season winning the reserves division two cup in his first season managing. He has since moved onto managing the first team for a few seasons before going back to manage the reserve team and winning the reserve division two league in 2014.
“For me being a part of this club is all I know, I eat, sleep, breathe the dons! It’s a delight to be able to give something back to the youngsters of the village!” - Coach Danny Chapman
In 2014 Danny help set up the youth division of Weedon FC and managed the under 8s team, now current Club Secretary and managing the new under 7s, under 9s and help running the adults team and he has also set up and running the diddy dons 10 week summer coaching program.
Role: Club Secretary
- Official contact between club and County FA and other clubs
- Ensure all teams affiliated with CFA by 1st July every year and entered into the appropriate leagues
- Ensure effective correspondence and communication
- Attend the club structures and Good Club Goverance In-service event organised by the CFA
- Ensure the club fully supports the FA Respect Programme through the purchase of Respect Barriers
- Assist Charter Standard Coordinator with FA Charter Standard annual health check
- Ensure that Team Managers are regularly reminded to check goalposts before each game When they need to be replaced apply to the Goalpost Safety Programme at the Football Foundation
- Seek recognition of good football development work and recognise the important role of club volunteers by applying for County FA Community Awards
- Take minutes at the monthly Committee / Managers meetings and also the yearly AGM
- Circulate typed minutes/actions to committee and attendees via e-mail
- Production of the Club Handbook
- Book venues for meetings and events
- Attend League Meetings
Role: Membership Secretary
- Maintenance and upkeep of membership database and details to ensure (where possible) Club has accurate mailing and contact details
- Review of Subscription policy and provide annual recommendation to Management committee of proposed subscription levels for subsequent season
- Liaisons with team managers to ensure records are kept accurate and subscriptions are paid
- Overview of subscription renewals and provide updates to the Committee
Role: Charter Standard Co-ordinator
- Coordinating, compiling and developing the evidence required for the club to achieve Charter Standard status
- Complete the Annual Health check before 31st March each year
- Coordinating the production and delivery of a club development plan
- Recruiting a team of club volunteers to support the Charter Standard process
- Ensuring that there are the human and financial resources to deliver on the development plan
- Advocating the Charter Standard Club Programme at meetings, with managers and committee members, ensuring long term commitment to the programme
Role: Fixtures / Pitch Booking Secretary
- Ascertain the pitch requirements for the club on an annual basis;
- Liaise with pitch owners (eg. Councils/schools, etc.) re hiring of pitches and possible/best layout of pitches
- Obtain each team’s fixture list prior to the beginning of the season and compile a table of fixtures for the whole club showing site and pitch allocation
- Communicate and liaise with team managers and pitch owners as required re changes to the agreed fixtures and pitches table
- Monitor the state of the pitches and deal with any issues relating to this
- Ensure access by team managers to the pitches and equipment storerooms.
- Communicate any postponements due to inclement weather.